Friday 24 November 2017

Today there were only 2 Grade 5s at school because all the others went to a volleyball...

Today there were only 2 Grade 5s at school because all the others went to a volleyball tournament. 

The Grade 5 kid who told me this looked kinda sad/put out that they were being left out of the group experience their classmates got to have, so I asked them if they wanted some Timbits since there were only the two of them to feed (my coworker had bought some in celebration of my birthday).

They perked up a bit after that as they munched on their Timbits. I grinned and asked them if they felt like rebels for technically breaking the rules by getting to eat in the library, which got me two big grins, some laughing, and two resounding counts of  “YES!”.

They seemed much more cheerful when they left with their books to head back to class.Mission accomplished.



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2iPvb1a

librarylife, libraryland, school stuff, School Libraries, school librarian, canada, canadian libraries, timbits, tim hortons

No comments:

Post a Comment