Saturday 11 November 2017

So I made a thing for the library.I had one kid ask me where the...



So I made a thing for the library.

I had one kid ask me where the public library was and the conversation went something like this:

Me: You know where the swimming pool rec centre is on Main Street?

Kid: Uh huh.

Me: It’s right beside it.

Kid: Ooooh, okay! 

Kid:

Kid: So what’s the difference between the school library and the public library? 

Me: Well, they have different books, and at the public library you can also take out a lot more than just books – they have movies, music, magazines, and even video games you can take home!

Kid: *wide-eyed* THEY HAVE MOVIES?!

Me: They sure do!

Kid: *looks super stoked and hopeful* Can you get a card if you live on the reservation?

Me: Yup! And since you’re a kid, you get your card for free!



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2jkmtuR

libraryland, librarylife, School Libraries, school library, school librarian, fnmi, canada, canadian libraries

No comments:

Post a Comment