Wednesday 22 November 2017

bookriot: I work in a public library. I’ve worked in public...



bookriot:

I work in a public library. I’ve worked in public libraries for over two years now. In that time I have listened, and watched, and learned a few things that librarians and library workers in general don’t really love hearing. So I thought I’d share some with everyone, because some people have no idea that what they’re saying can wear us down after a while. Consider this my own Public Service Announcement.

“Hey there sexy” (or any variation of that).

I shouldn’t have to put this on a list. It should be common sense. But it’s not, since it was said to me just the other day. It is not okay to say things like this to people, especially when they are just doing their jobs. You are literally saying completely inappropriate things to someone who is at their job, and therefore has to be more restrained than they would be in their personal life. I’m a generally nice, friendly person, but I am not trying to get in your pants or any other piece of clothing. Just no. Stop it. Be ashamed of yourself. I am seriously giving you a face that is a mixture of disgust, rage, and judgement if you’re someone who does this. Not okay.

http://ift.tt/2A11Fgm



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2hX8ZoP

No comments:

Post a Comment