Friday 13 October 2017

How to get your child & teen patrons to completely LOSE THEIR MINDS

Get you some flip books. 

I put out one for the kids to look at while they waited their turn to check out their book and HOLY COW they like those things. The first time they saw them the kids absolutely LOST IT. 

They were utterly mindblown, I kid you not. I don’t think I even have the words to capture how crazy the kids went over the flip book, to be honest. I think I kinda broke their brains. I had kids asking if I had any more and when I said I did one kid replied with “OH MY GOD, BRING THEM ALL!!!!” to the approval of his nodding classmates.

Now that it’s the second week the excitement doesn’t seem to be abating – they all just make a beeline for the flip books and chatter excitedly about them. And this is across the board too – from Grade 1 all the way to Grade 12, the students have all been utterly mesmerized by my flip books.

I’ve had kids ask me if they can buy one from me, ask me where they can get them, ask whether they can take them out as one of their books, and I today had some high schoolers who even had the (quite brilliant) idea of using one of their phones to film the flip book in action to show to their friends and family.



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2xEgz9u

librarylife, libraryland, school librarian, school library, flip book, the real life of me, canada, canadian libraries

No comments:

Post a Comment