Monday 4 September 2017

thelibraryperson: diebrarian: sepulchrally-handsome: microaffec...







thelibraryperson:

diebrarian:

sepulchrally-handsome:

microaffections:

This our library here in Spring, Texas, in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. When I think of people who have lost everything, I hate how sad I feel about a library. But this is where I’ve taken my kids for story time since they were infants. It’s where I’ve met my closest mom friends. It’s a place that means the world to me.
But beyond that, this is a place that my community needs. It offers free educational programming, resources, information, language classes, Internet, human connection, a place that is clean and safe, free lunches for kids in the summer when school is out. It’s not just a bunch of books. For some people, the library is their only access to these things.

You can donate to the Texas Library Association’s disaster recovery fund here:

http://ift.tt/2xGuqwE

This may not be as pressing a need as shelter and food right now, but in the coming future, libraries will be critical centers of information-sharing to their communities.  They will help people connect to all the resources they need to rebuild their lives.  

Thank you! Reblogging with the link.

Texas Library Association’s Disaster Relief and Support for Libraries  



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2gzBhRE

No comments:

Post a Comment