Saturday 3 February 2018

gallusrostromegalus: rrojasandribbons: I accidentally stumbled upon an Ethiopian radio station the...

gallusrostromegalus:

rrojasandribbons:

I accidentally stumbled upon an Ethiopian radio station the one night I was driving home from work. I was cruising through stations while driving and just stopped at one because it was in a language I had never ever heard before, but I kept listening because it was freaking beautiful

Turns out it was Amharic. I had never heard Amharic spoken before, but it might be the most beautiful language I have ever heard, so I just kept listening until it faded out to static. 

Anyway, when I got home, I looked up the station [KETO-FM], and it is owned by and serves African immigrants & refugees.. mostly from Ethiopia. They have a website & a gofundme. Their gofundme is severely under goal. 

Apparently, they are Colorado’s first and only radio station serving African immigrants in the state, soooo donate if you can! 

OOOOH THIS STATION I’D HEARD IT AGES AGO I’D ALWAYS WONDERED.   They’re great, doing a real service and also have amazing music.



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2nzq5Zw

No comments:

Post a Comment