Sunday 4 March 2018

neurodivergent-crow: wizphobe: dollsome-does-tumblr: i just read a washington post article on...

neurodivergent-crow:

wizphobe:

dollsome-does-tumblr:

i just read a washington post article on romcoms aging poorly due to the pushiness (and oft-stalkery conduct) of the male characters therein, and it got me thinking about pride and prejudice, and specifically darcy saying, “one word from you will silence me on this subject forever.”

because, like, that’s the seldom-portrayed romantic dream in the patriarchal hellscape that is our world, isn’t it?

a dude being willing to say, “i understand if you don’t feel the same way about me, and i’ll leave you alone forever about this if my attention is unwanted.”

so simple, yet so wonderful in its basic human decency

#it was written by a woman!

P&P is literally my fave book



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2I1WAbh

No comments:

Post a Comment