Saturday 20 January 2018

I think my favourite part of being multilingual are those moments when someone doesn’t realize you...

I think my favourite part of being multilingual are those moments when someone doesn’t realize you understand what they’re saying and they get embarrassed/caught in a lie/etc in some way. 

This past week one kid tried to lie to me about what their teacher had told him he was allowed to take out at the school library while she was distracted with someone else (he wanted to get out of reading in French).

I gotta say, his poker face as fantastic

Too bad I speak Portuguese and Spanish and took 3 years of French in junior high, which meant my response was “Dude, I was standing right here. I may not speak French but I understand it. That’s sooo not what she said.” 

The teacher was very amused.



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2mVpRe9

french immersion, School Libraries, librarylife, libraryland, french, reluctant readers

No comments:

Post a Comment