Monday 11 December 2017

Edmonton Public Library discontinues its Alberta Readers' Choice Award program | Quill and Quire

Edmonton Public Library discontinues its Alberta Readers' Choice Award program | Quill and Quire:

Noooo! I loved that award program! T-T

I can understand why they did it – there’s only so much money to go around, and Capital City Records is super neat - but it doesn’t mean I have to like it.

Couldn’t they have cut the size of the prize instead? Like, I’m a daughter of a writer, and I can guarantee you getting any kind of monetary reward is enough to make any writer (or artist in general) utterly thrilled.

Heck, you could make the prize $1,000 and you’d still have writers’ and poets’ attention no problem.



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2nSHOgY

alberta, yeglife, yeg, canada, canpoli, librarylife, libraryland, public libraries, canadian news, library news, canadian libraries, canadian literature

No comments:

Post a Comment