Tuesday 22 August 2017

A question for 3D printer-savvy people

I’m looking into 3D printers in order to see whether to recommend the school get one for the learning commons, and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of which model to go with.

My main concerns are that it be as enclosed as possible to avoid curious little fingers from making an unfortunate acquaintance with hot filament (the school is pre-K to Grade 12, so being as kid-safe as possible is a must). Obviously, something reliable and with the least amount of errors would be best, and a good printing speed would also be good.

So far I’m swaying between Bq’s Witbox and Ultimaker (unsure of which UM model I’d go with, though).

Thoughts? Suggestions?



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2g1BMXY

3d printing, Library Science, school library, 3d printers, libraryland, librarylife, library stuff, library sciences

No comments:

Post a Comment