Saturday 24 June 2017

My Life as a Spider Librarian

This is the third post about my life as a spider librarian at the University of Alberta’s E.H. Strickland Entomological Museum. Take a look at the first and the second posts.


 I think my favourite thing about this volunteer job are the stories that sometimes come with the labels. Some that I can remember include:

 “Found in orb web at night.

 “In bananas from Central America. Live when captured, died a week later.

 “From Safeway store.” (I can just hear some panicked Canadian screeching in horror at this one. xD)

 My all-time favourites thus far have been:

 “Spider slightly scorched from falling onto stove burner.

 and

 “Female found killing and eating the male.”



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2rNaMMJ

my life as a spider librarian, cataloguing, Library Science, librarianship, librarylife, library life, museum collections, museum work, cataloging, spiders, arachnids, bugs

No comments:

Post a Comment